Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #5

T-minus 7 days and counting! Only one week left until graduation. I have my dress (we are required to wear white), I have new shoes, a hair and pedi appointment, a mountain of party invitations, and today I received my first congratulatory card. My grandmother will be flying in next week and, due to a change in schedule, my brother will be able to be here. After four years, I am definitely ready and glad to be leaving this school. I tried to come up with a list of what I will miss but 13 is a lot and I couldn't do it so here are 13 things I am doing this summer.

1. Graduating

2. Going to China with my friend who was born there

3. Burning my uniform and books...well, maybe not burning them

4. Sleeping

5. Visiting lots of family like every summer

6. Seeing my dog who now lives with my grandmother

7. Packing up my life

8. Buying a laptop

9. Practicing violin (ha!)

10. Saying goodbye (maybe forever?) to friends

11. Moving a few states away

12. Flying the coop...

13. ...and going to college!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Graduating from high school is a huge accomplishment. I remember what an exciting time that was! Enjoy your summer!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Graduating from high school is a huge accomplishment. I remember what an exciting time that was! Enjoy your summer!

Happy TT!

Lori said...

Man....I loved my graduation. Have fun and enjoy life!!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the graduation!! I love your blog, by the way! Sounds like you have a pretty great summer coming up. I miss summer vacation!

The Rock Chick said...

Congratulations!!! I remember what a total thrill it was graduating from high school, feeling like a young adult with the whole world at my fingertips. Everything always seemed so exciting back then.

You know what, it still does, time just goes by a lot faster! Best of luck in all of your endeavors!!!

Happy TT
Jessica The Rock Chick

Anonymous said...

I'd like to go to China one day.
I think it'll be fun to visit a culture that has so much more structure.

PJD said...

Congratulations! Moving to college was a strange transition for me. Less of a transition and more of a complete stop and restart. We had dozens of parties during the first half of the summer, then I moved across the country, and I've only seen maybe three of those people since. (I'm not big on attending reunions.) But that was long, long ago.

Special K ~Toni said...

Congrats! Sounds like you have a great summer planned! Mine is up at Being An Air Force Wife!

Raggedy said...

Congratulations!
Happy TT'ing.
My TT is posted

Heather Goodwin said...

Schools out for summer...school's out forever! Yay for you and conGRADulations! I am uber jealous of the China trip!
http://malinthemiddle.herhangout.com