Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #7

(She's actually a wonderful roommate and I'm very lucky to have gotten such a good situation...but these are just the things that irk me).


Thirteen Things I'd like to tell my roommate

1 - Your hair! The diagonal bangs make me crazy! You’ve got to straighten them or something.

2 - Your cough and laugh are awkward and annoying. But i guess you can’t change those.

3 - Please don’t hum or sing. It’s really distracting when you think your mouth is a snare drum and i’m trying to learn arabic.

4 - For the love of god, close the window! It is too cold out and we freeze during the night!

5 - The comments you make about your faith and other faiths really bother me. My faith could not be more different from yours. I’m trying to be open and learn about yours, but sometimes you sound really ignorant.

6 - Please stop leaving your keys in the door. It’s annoying and not safe.

7 - Please remember to turn your alarm off on weekends...really, please do this.

8 - Turn the volume on your alarm down! I don’t know how it takes you several minutes to hear it each morning. I’m across the room and it always blasts me out of bed.

9 - Stop closing the door! If I am in the room with the door open when you get back, please do not then close the door behind you when you leave a few minutes later. Obviously, I want the door open.

10 - Please stop taking my cable out of the internet jack. It’s very passive aggressive.

11 - I don’t want to hear you saying negative things about people you went to high school with. you sound very condescending and patronizing. It makes me feel bad for them, especially when I can identify with the problems they’re having that you’re telling me about. You don’t realize it, but sometimes you’re insulting me, too.

12 - Your boyfriend really needs to spend more time in his room. you may think he’s great, but the rest of the hall, myself included, thinks he’s really very extremely super annoying! I’m really tired of him hanging out in our room every evening. It’s also really awkward when you guys start making out and I am sitting right there.

13 - Please don’t support that presidential candidate.



That feels better.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to you and your roommate...I've met people like that are condescending..I work with a couple and it really bothers me that they are like that. I hope things get better for you! Happy TT

Unknown said...

Sometimes you just need to get it out, even if not to them...though some of these things might be worth plunging in and actually saying out loud. Good luck, I remember those days in college.

Loved visiting your Thursday Thirteen, hope you will stop by The Cafe and visit mine.

Jenny said...

This is my favorite TT list I've ever read!

It's been a while since I've had a roommate, but I remember dealing with some of those same issues!

I hope you feel better by writing it out ;-)

Thanks for visiting yesterday and for the nice comment!

Anonymous said...

lol I hope you feel better now! Roommates!!! Do you guys ever talk about any of this stuff? It really does help sometimes.

PamelaMKramer said...

This is great! I'll bet you do feel better now. And #12 is just totally inconsiderate! Why don't they go to his room. Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better now! I hated having to live with roommates. Happy TT!

Karen said...

Get it off your chest -- don't sugar coat it and let it all out!! You'll feel better really. And then maybe you could subtly hint as to a couple things your roomie could do to make life a bit more pleasant for everyone!!
Good Luck!! I remember my roommate days. I wouldn't go back even if my only other choice was living in my car!

Anonymous said...

Go on, say them!!