Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #8

Way Way WAY overdue


Thirteen Things that I'm using as an excuse to explain not having blogged for awhile (as always, with pictures)


1.I had a huge research paper due on international education policy (a month ago)

2.I had finals (again, a month ago)

3.My grandfather and cousin died during that time. My grandmother is now in the hospital.

4.I said a temporary goodbye to new friends and my new hometown

5.I moved out (fourth floor, no elevator)

6.I went to visit family in California

7.I visited friends in New York (more pics to come)

8.I finally made it home after a hellish day of foot, taxi, subway, bus, and plane travel from New York

9.I have been catching up with friends, packing, and organizing

10. I had an interview for a position for next fall that I applied for (I got it!)

11.I saw the Sex and the City movie (not a great excuse but...)

12.I went to an organizing meeting to talk about how the Democratic Primary went in this state and what we can do for the fall

13.I am getting ready to spend the entire summer on the west coast working on a political campaign, and I will also be attending the convention in Denver! Therefore, I have been spending money like crazy on plane tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, housing, and getting headaches dealing with all of these schedules!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Movie photo from: http://pblosser.blogspot.com/2006/10/statism-post-modernism-and-death-of.html

5 comments:

kay said...

How did the Democratic primary go in your state?

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the job. You sure do sound busy. How was the movie? Happy TT!

Robin said...

Sounds like a very busy summer.

I'm sorry for your family's losses.

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Sounds like some good reasons (we don't call them excuses, right?) Congrats on your new job, and have fun on the campaign. I have always wanted to do that...

My T13 is also up, stop by if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your family members. On the upside, congratulations on your new job.